Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

3 Questions with Albert Bell...Question 1


Michelle:  Did any one person inspire you to write this historical fiction MG book THE SECRET OF THE BRADFORD HOUSE?

Albert:  It was a group, rather than one person. I was invited to talk to a MG book club, in a town near where I live, about the first Steve and Kendra book, THE SECRET OF THE LONELY GRAVE. It was an extra-curricular activity organized by a couple of parents. We had a great discussion. The kids -- about ten of them -- had all kinds of questions and insights. One of the parents told me that my book was the only one they'd done that all of the kids read all of the way through. They even thought about who would play Steve and Kendra in the movie. This parent wondered when I would write another book. I hadn't planned for Steve and Kendra to be part of a series, but I decided to see if I could come up with another story. I like the characters, and doing another book about them has let me get to know them a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment